A team of ten coalition members met in January 2020 to evaluate Year One and envision our next steps. In broad outline these are:
- Fundraiser Concert—February 2nd (Copernicus Center, 3:30pm), $10
- Social Media Campaign for Valentine’s Week (I Love Jeff Park…)
- Visioning/Planning—February 18th (7:30pm @ 5051 W. Gunnison)
- Art Tour(s) tba
- Salon Discussions on Business/ Neighborhood Vitality TBA
- Expand Impact of Website
- NeighborFest @ The (Ainslie) Bridge—June Dates being explored
- Salon Discussions on Business/Neighborhood Vitality TBA
- JeffFest Booth
- Sacred Spaces Tour—October TBA
Retrospective on 2019—Our Launch Year
Building It Together
- On the Table: Neighbors Sharing about Jeff Park. On May 14, twenty five neighbors gathered at Eden UCC to contribute our voices to the annual city-wide initiative of the Chicago Community Trust. Facilitated by Jefferson Park leader and CCT staff member Maggie Baran, the group shared about what we value about Jefferson Park, and the things we are concerned about. The two leading ideas—Business Redevelopment and Safety—were shared in a "Memo to the Mayor." The evening was a perfect model of what we envision for Bridging Jeff Park gatherings.
- New Website: The summer launch of this site is just the beginning. Help us build and improve a gateway site here that represents Jeff Park well. We want to uplift history, as well as present resources and a unified picture of the shared commitment we have to thrive in the present and future. What should be included here? Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeffest Neighborhood Festival: August 2-4, 2019. We used a shared booth for mingling, inviting conversation and bridging the collective wisdom of visitors old and young and in-between.
- Sacred Spaces Tour: October 19-20, 2019. We led a "Sacred Spaces Tour" designed to be the first of potentially semi-annual tours of various kinds. Our tour was designed to coordinate with the Chicago Architecture Foundation's annual "Open House Chicago" itinerary. Click here to see what our tour included.